20 Offbeat Dissertation Ideas That Can Help You Get Inspired
Writing a dissertation can be a tedious, monotonous task, especially for those in fields that deal with large amounts of data, like statistics. Despite being a serious venture, one can always find ways of making their task more enjoyable by employing a little imagination to the process.
Aside from enjoyment, one must be careful when selecting a topic because it is possible to make your task much harder by selecting a poor one. The following is a list of interesting dissertation topics that also have the ability to contribute something meaningful to society:
- The obvious reasons why humanity should devote all of its resources to the advancement of space exploration, instead of wastefully fighting over the limited resources available on earth.
- The discovery of life outside of planet earth and the various repercussions such a discovery would have on the lives and perspective of humans.
- How penis size has the ability to affect sexual enjoyment for both parties. Does it matter for each sex equally or is sexual enjoyment different for each?
- Where we would be today in terms of technology, science and medicine if man never bothered to extend the resources to venture into outer space and on to the moon.
- The ways that modern human society can benefit from studying the social behaviors that animals portray in their natural habitats.
- Does racism exist because people of different skin colors exists, or is defining people by their color just another form of a deeper rooted problem in human interaction and relationships?
- Why so many men fail to understand women and their behavior.
- How smoking affects social behavior and public activities.
- The effects on television on the minds of young children.
- How homework has contributed to the academic success of the great nations.
- The benefits of establishing a business in a third world country.
- How mass production has affected the value of designer products?
- What the world would be like if another intelligent species existed alongside humans.
- How social media has affected dating and marriages
- Is it possible for someone living with a mortal illness, like HIV, to live a normal life until they die?
- How has the acceptance of homosexuality in many cultures affected population of homosexuals?
- Should more rigorous laws be enforced to ensure that women hold equal amounts of high ranking positions in the workplace?
- Has technology reached its limits?
- Should genetic manipulation become commonplace in medicine?
- Is abortion really a bad thing?
- How has religion been bad for all of humanity?